Saturday, February 13, 2016

My 2016 Lenten Journey--#1



February 10, 2016 ~ Ash Wednesday
My 2016 Lenten Journey: Exploring the Gospels to discover what following Jesus and becoming more like him would look like?
Matthew 1:23, from Isaiah 7:14 ~ His name shall be called Emmanuel (which means, “God with us.”) In John 14:9, Jesus says, “Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.” In the core of his identity, Jesus shows us what God is like. In what ways am I being like Jesus and reflecting or radiating the presence of God? In what ways am I being counterproductive in my effort to reflect or radiate the presence of God?
Whoever has seen me has seen the Father (John 14:9 NRSV)
‘And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself” (John 12:32 NRSV).
That's the way it looks through the flawed glass that is my world view.
Together in the Walk,
Jim








No comments:

Post a Comment