Tuesday, March 8, 2016

My 2016 Lenten Journey--Day 28


March 8, 2016 ~ Day 28

My 2016 Lenten Journey: Exploring the Gospels to discover what following Jesus and becoming more like him would look like? And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself” (John 12:32 NRSV).

Matthew 9:2-8 ~ Jesus said to the paralytic, your sins are forgiven; but the scribes said, “This man is sinning. Only God can forgive sins.” Sometimes our rigid faith formulas actually get in the way of the Gospel. Sometimes the primary purpose they serve is to rationalize an avoidance of being and doing all God as called us to be and do.

The cliché says, "Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship." Am I clinging to some doctrine as a substitute for faith? How does my doctrine get in the way of following Jesus? How might it mislead others?

Whoever has seen me has seen the Father (John 14:9 NRSV)

And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself” (John 12:32 NRSV).

That's the way it looks through the flawed glass that is my world view.

Together in the Walk,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment